What is Peacock?
Peacock, launched in July 2020, is an American streaming service owned and operated by NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast. It is a subscription-based, ad-supported streaming service, offering a range of films, television programs, and original content. It is available on the web, iOS and Android devices, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Xbox One, and some Samsung, Sony, and LG smart TVs.
What is MLB?
Major League Baseball (MLB) is a professional baseball organization that operates in North America. It is composed of 30 teams and is one of the four major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. The regular season runs from April to September, followed by the playoffs and World Series.
Does Peacock Include MLB?
The answer is yes, Peacock does include Major League Baseball games and programming. Peacock subscribers have access to MLB live games, highlights, on-demand content, and exclusive programming.
MLB Live Games
Peacock subscribers have access to live streaming of MLB games throughout the regular season. All national games, including ESPN, Fox, and TBS games, will be available as well as select local games.
Peacock also offers subscribers instant access to MLB highlights, including must-see moments, condensed games, and more. Highlights are available shortly after the game ends.
Peacock subscribers can watch on-demand content, such as classic games, original series, and documentaries. Some of the available on-demand content includes:
- The 30: Reliving 30 iconic moments from MLB history
- The Story of the 2019 World Series
- The Optimal Experience: A behind-the-scenes look at the science of hitting a baseball
- The Third Base Line: A look at the lives of baseball players and their families
- Replay: A look at the evolution of technology in the game of baseball
- The Making of the 2019 World Series
Peacock subscribers will also have access to exclusive programming, including:
- The Dan Patrick Show: Interviews with athletes, celebrities, and newsmakers
- MLB Network Live: A look at the latest news, rumors, and analysis from MLB experts
- MLB Now: A look at the biggest stories in baseball
- MLB Tonight: A look at the day’s games and highlights
- MLB Network Radio: Interviews and analysis from former players and coaches
- The Rundown: A look at the day’s top stories in baseball
How Much Does it Cost?
Peacock offers three different subscription tiers for its MLB content. The tiers are:
- Free: Access to a limited selection of on-demand content and highlights
- Peacock Premium: Access to live streaming of select MLB games, on-demand content, and exclusive programming for $4.99/month or $49.99/year
- Peacock Premium Plus: Access to live streaming of all MLB games, on-demand content, and exclusive programming for $9.99/month or $99.99/year
What Devices Can I Use?
Peacock’s MLB content is available on the web, iOS and Android devices, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Xbox One, and some Samsung, Sony, and LG smart TVs.
What Other Sports Does Peacock Offer?
In addition to MLB, Peacock also offers other sports content, including:
- NCAA Football and Basketball
To sum up, Peacock does include Major League Baseball games and programming. Peacock subscribers have access to live streaming of MLB games, highlights, on-demand content, and exclusive programming. Peacock offers three subscription tiers for MLB content, and the content is available on various devices. In addition to MLB, Peacock also offers content for other sports.