What is the NAIA Baseball?
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) is the governing body of small college athletics in the United States. It provides educationally related athletics programs for student-athletes at member colleges and universities. The NAIA sponsors 23 national championships in various sports and is divided into 23 districts across the United States and Canada. Baseball is one of the sports sponsored by the NAIA and is a popular choice among college athletes.
History of NAIA Baseball
The NAIA began sponsoring baseball in 1940, but it wasn’t until 1973 that the first NAIA Baseball World Series was held. Since then, the NAIA Baseball World Series has been held every year and is now one of the most watched college baseball events in the country. The NAIA Baseball World Series is hosted by a different NAIA school each year and is typically held in May.
NAIA Baseball Teams
There are currently more than 250 NAIA schools that compete in baseball. These teams are divided into 23 districts and compete in a variety of conferences and tournaments throughout the year. The NAIA baseball season typically runs from late February to early June.
List of NAIA Baseball Schools
- Midwest Collegiate Conference: Indiana Tech, St. Ambrose, St. Francis (Illinois)
- Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference: Bethany, Friends, Kansas Wesleyan, McPherson, Southwestern, Sterling, Tabor, York
- TranSouth Athletic Conference: Blue Mountain, Cumberland, Freed-Hardeman, Lambuth, Lyon, Martin Methodist, Union, Virginia Intermont
- Southern States Athletic Conference: Alabama-Huntsville, Faulkner, Mobile, Shorter, Spring Hill, William Carey
- Frontier Conference: Carroll, Lewis-Clark State, Montana State-Northern, Montana Tech, Rocky Mountain, University of Great Falls
- Golden State Athletic Conference: Arizona Christian, Biola, California Baptist, Hope International, La Sierra, Menlo, San Diego Christian, The Master’s
- Gulf Coast Athletic Conference: Edward Waters, Mobile, Talladega, Tougaloo, Xavier
- California Pacific Conference: Arizona Christian, La Sierra, Life Pacific, Menlo, San Diego Christian, Simpson, William Jessup
- Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference: Calumet, Governors State, Olivet Nazarene, Purdue Calumet, Robert Morris, St. Xavier, Trinity International
- Sun Conference: Ave Maria, Florida Memorial, Southeastern, St. Thomas, Warner, Webber International
NAIA Baseball Championships
The NAIA Baseball Championship is the most prestigious baseball tournament in the NAIA. It is held every spring and is a double-elimination tournament. The tournament is hosted by a different NAIA school each year and consists of eight teams. The winner of the tournament is crowned the NAIA Baseball National Champion.
NAIA Baseball Rules and Regulations
The NAIA has several rules and regulations that all member schools must abide by. These rules cover all aspects of the game, from the length of the game to the eligibility of players. All NAIA baseball teams must adhere to all of the NAIA rules and regulations in order to compete in the championship tournament.
Scholarships for NAIA Baseball Players
NAIA schools offer a variety of scholarships for baseball players. These scholarships range from full scholarships to partial scholarships. For example, a full scholarship covers tuition, books, room and board, and other expenses. Partial scholarships may cover tuition and books.
NAIA Baseball Recruiting
NAIA schools are allowed to recruit players from all over the United States and Canada. It is important for players to be aware of the NAIA recruiting rules and regulations in order to ensure they are eligible to play.
NAIA Baseball Videos
The NAIA has an online video library where fans can watch highlights and game footage from past NAIA Baseball World Series and other NAIA baseball events. This video library is a great way for players and fans to stay up-to-date on all of the action.
NAIA baseball is an exciting and competitive sport with teams from all over the United States and Canada. There are currently more than 250 NAIA schools that compete in baseball and each year, the NAIA hosts an exciting Baseball World Series. Players and fans alike should be aware of the NAIA’s rules and regulations, as well as the various scholarships and recruiting opportunities available.