The University of Virginia (UVA) is home to a thriving collegiate baseball program, and fans who come to watch games at the UVA baseball stadium will need to know where they can park. In this article, we’ll provide an overview of the different parking options available at UVA baseball games, as well as tips and advice on how to find parking on game day.
Where to Park at UVA Baseball Games
The UVA baseball stadium is located at the intersection of Massie Rd and Copeley Rd, and there are several parking options available for fans who are coming to watch the game.
The most convenient parking option for UVA baseball games is on-campus parking. The University offers a variety of parking options, including designated parking lots, garages, and street parking.
Designated Parking Lots
The University has several designated parking lots specifically for UVA baseball fans. These lots are located in close proximity to the stadium and offer easy access to the game. The lots are open two hours before the game and close one hour after the game.
The University also has a variety of parking garages available for UVA baseball fans. The garages are located within walking distance of the stadium and are open two hours before the game and close one hour after the game.
There is also street parking available near the stadium. The streets in the vicinity of the stadium are metered, so fans should be sure to bring coins or a credit card to pay for parking.
For fans who don’t want to deal with the hassle of on-campus parking, there are several off-campus parking options available.
The city of Charlottesville offers a variety of public parking lots and garages near the stadium. These lots and garages are open two hours before the game and close one hour after the game.
Private Parking Lots
There are also a number of private parking lots and garages near the stadium. These lots and garages offer convenient access to the game, but they may be more expensive than on-campus or public parking options.
There is also residential parking available near the stadium. Residents of the area may be willing to rent out their driveways or garages to fans for a fee.
Tips for Finding Parking at UVA Baseball Games
The following tips can help make the parking process easier for UVA baseball fans:
- Arrive Early: Arrive at least two hours before the game so you can find a good parking spot and make it to the game on time.
- Check the Weather: Check the weather before you leave to make sure that you won’t be dealing with any inclement weather while you’re trying to find parking.
- Carpool: Carpooling is a great way to reduce the amount of cars on the road and save money on parking fees.
- Be Prepared: Be sure to bring coins or a credit card to pay for parking, as well as a map or GPS device to help you find your way to the stadium.
Parking restrictions are in place in the area around the stadium, so fans should be aware of the rules before they arrive. The most common restrictions are:
- No Parking Zones: There are several areas near the stadium where parking is not allowed. These areas are clearly marked, so fans should be sure to avoid them.
- Time Restrictions: Some areas may have time restrictions on when parking is allowed. Be sure to check the signs before you park to make sure you don’t get a ticket.
- Parking Meters: Many of the streets in the vicinity of the stadium are metered, so be sure to bring coins or a credit card to pay for parking.
Alternative Transportation Options
For fans who don’t want to deal with the hassle of parking, there are a number of alternative transportation options available.
Uber and Lyft
Uber and Lyft are both popular ride-sharing services that offer convenient and affordable transportation to and from the stadium.
UVA baseball fans can also bike to the stadium. The University has a bike sharing program, and there are several bike racks located near the stadium for fans to park their bikes.
The city of Charlottesville also offers public transportation to and from the stadium. The Charlottesville Area Transit (CAT) operates a number of buses and shuttles in the area, and the fare is just $1.25 per ride.
Finding parking at UVA baseball games can be a hassle, but with the right tips and information, it doesn’t have to be. Fans should be sure to take advantage of the parking options available on-campus and off-campus, as well as the alternative transportation options available. With a little forethought and preparation, fans can have a stress-free experience at the UVA baseball stadium.